Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baked Garlic Blue Claw Crabs


Ok, I am going to change it up a bit. Since crabs are in abundance this time of the year I thought it would be a great time to share with you. I am addicted to these and look forward to summer so I can eat them fresh! We are usually invited to so many crab parties and I look forward to every single one and make my own in between!

What do I miss most about summer when it's not here besides warm weather, long days of sun light, beautiful green landscape? I would have to say it's CRABS! Here is one of my favorite ways to make them. Grab some friends, paper towels, cold beer (for me it's wine) and crackers for cracking the shells. They are finger licking good!

This is a foolproof, delicious way to make them, trust me you will love them!!!

Ingredients:

Fresh Cleaned #1 Crabs - Think 6 - 8 per person
1 Cup or more of extra virgin olive oil
1 Entire Bulb of Garlic or more, finely chopped
1 Bunch Fresh Parsley Chopped

2 - 3 cans of beer
Old Bay
Grated Cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Lay the crabs face up on cookie sheets with about 1 inch high sides in a single layer without overlapping. Mix together the next three ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Pour the beer over the crabs. Spoon the garlic mixture in the bowl liberally on the crabs. Sprinkle with a good portion of old bay and grated cheese to taste.

Place in the hot oven and bake approximately 20 minutes or until the claws are bright red.

No comments:

Post a Comment