Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Uncle Eddie

This post is dedicated to Alana's Uncle Eddie, my brother-in-law!


Happy Birthday!  Love, Baby Doll

Eddie is married to my hubby's sister, Lynn, also Alana's Godmother.  He affectionately refers to my daughter as "baby doll".  She adores him.  I decided to dedicate this post to him and his favorite meal.

I asked him what is his favorite meal, he of course came back with something sarcastic, so I replied "stop it"!  I than asked again "what is your favorite meal"?  He replies, "why"?  I think to myself, dear lord up in heaven, all I want to do is give him a surprise birthday dedication and he won't give me a straight answer.  I than say, "just work with me here, I don't want to tell you yet".  He replies:  Veal Parmigiana!

Eddie and I have one great thing in common.....WINE!  As soon as I enter his home, he pulls out a bottle of nice red wine, removes the cork, and proceeds to pour me a glass.  I really like that about him!

Happiest of birthdays Eddie, hope it is great and I cannot wait to visit soon to toast to your day!

So excited he picked Veal Parmigiana, my hubby's favorite is Chicken Parmigiana.  You choose the meat, the rest remains the same.

Eddie's Birthday Dinner
Ingredients:

4 - Veal or Chicken Cutlet, Pounded Thin
2 Eggs
Milk
Seasoned Bread Crumbs
8 Slices Provolone Cheese
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Marinara Sauce (Recipe below)
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 lb Pasta

Preheat oven to 300, proceed to make the sauce.

Marinara Sauce:

1 32 oz Can Whole Tomatoes, Mashed - preferably with basil
1 Small Can Tomato Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive Oil
5 Cloves Garlic, minced

In a sauce pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat, then add the garlic, saute for one minute.

Add the whole tomatoes and sauce, salt and pepper to taste.  Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.

Put a large pot of water on for pasta, once boiling add salt.

Directions:

In a pie plate, or wide, deep dish add the milk and eggs, mix well and season with salt and pepper.

In another deep dish, add the bread crumbs.

Bread the cutlets, first in the egg mixture, than in the bread crumb, pressing well into the meat.  Set aside.

Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.  Add the breaded meat, cook until golden brown then turn to brown other side.  Have a plate with paper towels by the stove.  When meat is finished, allow to drain on the paper towels, than transfer to a cookie sheet.

Place the meat in the oven to keep warm.

Add the pasta to the water.  Remove the cutlets from the oven and lay two pieces of provolone cheese on each piece of meat then top with mozzarella cheese and return to the oven.

When the pasta is finished, so is the meat, cheese should be melted and bubbly.  Drain the pasta, add to pasta bowl and toss with some of the sauce, reserving the rest for the sauce for the meat.

On warm plates, place the meat and ladle reserved sauce over it.

Serve with pasta, grated cheese and crusty bread!

Eddie and his lovely bride Lynn ~ Alana and I behind them
They just celebrated 30 years of marriage!
Love you guys!!









No comments:

Post a Comment