Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Succulent Pork Roast

It is National Pork Month.  No, really.  

I heard this, and than I did some research, and it's true!  

Here is what I found:  Decades ago, October was the major month in which large amounts of hogs would be brought to the market.  Though times have changed and production practices have evolved, October Pork Month is one way in which history and tradition have lived on in the pork industry.  

Iowa is the number one pork producing state in the nation.  

Iowa, a place my hubby loves to hunt, my very own Davy Crocket!  I always told him I would prefer he hunt for hogs, I love pork, but he still brings home the prize buck.  

October is the month to celebrate pork.  The other white meat, so show your support and make this delicious, oh, so easy roast.  I promise it will be, tender, juicy, and full of flavor.  

( I just heard you thank me.)

Oh, how I love life.  For life includes dinner like this.

The stars of the show:

Pork Roast
Pork Gravy Packet
Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Adobo, To Taste
Garlic Powder, To Taste
Black Pepper, To Taste
Rosemary, To Taste
Fresh Parsley, Chopped
Onions, Sliced or Cipollini Onion which are small round, no need to cut them up.


Directions:

Preheat oven to 300

9 x 13 Pan or Pyrex baking dish

Rinse off the roast and pat dry with a paper towel.

Combine in a bowl the pork gravy packet, 1/2 the packet onion soup mix, adobo to taste, garlic powder, black pepper and rosemary.  Mix well

Heat oil in frying pan until hot, sear the roast on all sides and set is a dish to cool, just enough to brown it.  

Lay a large piece of foil inside the baking dish, enough to wrap entire pork roast.  Sprinkle the other half of the onion soup mix on the foil then top with the onions.

Sprinkle the entire roast with the seasoning mix and rub all over.  Set the seasoned roast on top of the onions and top with the parsley.  Close up the foil so it is completely sealed.  No need to add any liquid.

Bake in preheated oven for 3 to 4 hours depending on size.  

The gravy it makes will be perfect for a side of mashed potatoes.   Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes then slice, top with the juices and lay the onions over top.  Taste the juices, if they are a little salty add some hot water to even out the flavor.
Yummy for my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment