Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Luscious Bananas Foster

A little piece of Heaven

The first time I tasted this my taste buds were singing.  I immediately sought out a recipe so I could make it at home and WOW my guests.  Of course I added my own flair and the results were amazing.  It worked, they were raving and the best part, it's so, so easy.




Here's what you will need for 4 servings:

4 Large Bananas, cut into slices
1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Stick Butter
1/2 Pint Bacardi Rum
2 Tablespoons Banana Liquor, optional
1 to 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
4 Large Scoops Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream, frozen solid
4 Large Bowls

Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat.  Add the brown sugar, rum and banana liquor. Stir well reducing heat to low.  Add the bananas and cinnamon.  Stir until bananas are evenly coated.

Place one large scoop of ice cream in each bowl and spoon the banana mixture over the ice cream.

Serve immediately, the ice cream melts fast.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment